This Saturday, September 24, 2011, LDS women around the globe will gather in various places for the general Relief Society meeting, broadcast live from the LDS Conference Center, in Salt Lake City, Utah. LDS women are encouraged to participate in this meeting from wherever they are.
Our Stake will meet at the Palm Harbor building at 6:30
Dinner will be served and we will also have a small program called "An Evening of 100 Dresses"
If you so choose, you can bring a new or gently worn outfit. Outfits will be donated to two local charities
to assist women in need of clothing for the purpose of obtaining a job etc.
This is strictly optional!
I'm not sure that I've ever missed the general Relief Society broadcast. And this year, with the release of the new book, Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society, I'm more excited that ever to hear what these inspired women have to say to us. I also believe the messages delivered in this meeting are important to all women!
When I consider the great influence that the women of the LDS Church can have on other women, I think of these prophetic words...
"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different -- in happy ways -- from the women of the world." Spencer W. Kimball
May each one of us, in our own very personal way, do our part to bring these prophetic words to pass...
No comments:
Post a Comment